||Kiva Therapeutics is a Day Spa founded on the belief that balance and harmony are key aspects to achieving health and well-being. Kiva’s name was inspired by the ceremonial gathering places of the ancient pueblo people of the American Southwest.
A kiva functions as a place for rituals and where one can gain a sense of community. Here at Kiva Therapeutics Day Spa, we believe that each person has a unique path to health and well-being that requires an active participation by the individual and their community.
Kiva’s mission is to serve as a trusted business entity providing services and education that promote health.Our practitioners have a strong foundation in Anatomy and Physiology, Kiniesology, and Relaxation modalities.
In each session you may find elements of Injury Treatment, Deep Tissue, Myo-fascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Swedish Massage and Muscle Energy Technique. In each session the practitioner treats the body holistically; combining concepts from chronic pain management, relaxation techniques and eastern modalities. Many of our practitioner’s are also trained in Movement Therapy, Nutrition, Muscle Testing, Reflexology, and Hydrotherapy.
Kiva Therapeutics Philosophy
Our philosophy is to provide good customer service and focus on the client. Focusing on the client means listening carefully to the client’s needs, designing an appropriate massage session or treatment plan, and paying attention to client comfort throughout the massage. We strive to stay up to date on new treatments and to provide information that is easy to understand so our clients are best equipped to make their own decisions regarding their health.
We offer gift certificates. Click here to arrange a purchase
- Original gift certificates must be presented at the time of payment.
- Gift Certificates expire 1 year (12 months) from the purchase date unless otherwise noted.
- Gift Certificates are sold for services in full, and specific dollar amounts.
- Regarding “splitting” up a gift certificate—if you must split up the time into 2 separate appointments, there will be a $10.00 charge. Our massages are priced lower when buying a longer massage, so the client must pay the difference when doing this. You may only split the massage into massage lengths of 30 minutes or 60 minute increments.
- The office does not keep record of Gift Certificates. It is your responsibility to keep track of and present at time of service.
Kiva Therapeutics Policy
We understand that unanticipated events happen occasionally in everyone’s life. Business meetings, project deadlines, friend in town, flight delays, car problems, snowstorms and illness are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling an appointment.
In our desire to be effective and fair to all of our clients and out of consideration for the daily schedule and treatment time, we have adopted the policies below.
- We ask that you give us 24 hour advance notice when canceling an appointment. This allows the opportunity to re-schedule the empty time slot.
- If you are unable to give 24 hours advance notice or miss your appointment “no show” for some reason we ask that you pay half of what would have been your treatment fee.
- If a gift certificate is being used as payment for your appointment, and you fail to give 24 hour advance cancellation notice, that gift certificate will become null and void.
Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment for whatever reason will be considered a “no-show”. They will be charged 50% for their “missed” appointment and future service will be denied until payment is made.
If you are not present for your scheduled session during the first 15 minutes (unless having telephoned you might be late), it will be construed that you are a “no-show”. Depending upon how late you arrive, we will then determine if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment…and regardless of the length of the treatment actually given, you will be responsible for the “full” session.
- As a courtesy to you we can bill your Washington state health insurance company for therapeutic massage with a prescription from your doctor. Please understand that you are responsible for all dates of service regardless of determination by your insurance company.
- We accept L&I and PIP and are preferred providers with Aetna, Premera, Lifewise, Cigna and First Choice Health among others.
- Co-payments and co-insurance payments are due upon date of service.
- If your insurance company denies coverage, you are still responsible for provided services.
(Situations where massage is not indicated)
Under certain medical conditions, massage/bodywork may not be advised, for example when a fever is present, indicating an infection. If you are pregnant, have a serious disease, or have cancer, please check with your MD before seeking massage. If you feel you may be sick, please reschedule your massage for a later date. Or if you are unsure please call and one of our specialists can help you determine if massage is in your best interest. If a massage could be potentially harmful to a client’s condition, or to the therapist- such as an infectious disease, the massage therapist has the right to decline to do the massage.